Lincoln Repair in Birdsboro, PA
A Brief History of Lincoln from Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro
Driving on the roads of , Kenhorst, Mohnton, Temple, Wyomissing, Reading, and Sinking Spring, you have more than likely seen Lincoln vehicles driving alongside you. Lincoln Motor Company was founded in August 1917 by Henry Leland and his son Wilfred. The company was named after United States President Abraham Lincoln. Lincoln’s first vehicle, the Lincoln Model L, was released on September 16, 1920. However, the company began sinking as they could not keep up with the demand for automobiles. As a result, Lincoln Motor Company was purchased by Ford Motor Company on February 4, 1922 for $8 million. Ford decided to make Lincoln the luxury brand of Ford in order to compete with General Motors’ Cadillac. Under Ford, the Lincoln Model L went through significant changes and in 1923, Lincoln produced 7,875 cars, operating at a profit by the end of the year.
In 1931, the Lincoln Model K was released and Lincoln became the first American car make to exclusively release vehicles with V12 engines. Along with the Model K, Lincoln also came out with the Zephyr, which introduced an all new body style for a vehicle. Because of these two cars, Lincoln sales increased ninefold from 1935 to 1936. On April 30, 1940, Ford Motor Company reorganized Lincoln Motor Company, making it the Lincoln Division of Ford Motor Company in order to keep up with the economy after the Great Depression. As part of this change, the Lincoln Continental, originally a one-off vehicle designed specifically for Edsel Ford, came into production on the assembly line, replacing hand-made production.
Today’s Lincoln vehicles include:
- Lincoln MKC: Lincoln’s entry-level compact crossover that was released in 2013. The car is known for its luxurious cabin, elegant sheet metal, and distinctive grille. The Lincoln MKC uses a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- Lincoln Corsair: The Corsair is set to replace the Lincoln MKC starting in the 2020 model year. It is similar to the MKC but has an 8-speed automatic transmission. The name is inspired by the Latin word cursus, meaning journey. If your Corsair needs oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups or anything else, you can bring it to Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro in Birdsboro.
- Lincoln Nautilus: The Lincoln Nautilus is a unique choice from the Lincoln lineup that offers distinct American flavor with a touch of Lincoln sedan styling from decades ago. Prospective owners should expect a plush drive experience, spacious interior that will satisfy owners seeking shade from gridlocked city traffic and crumbling roads.
- Lincoln Navigator: The Lincoln Navigator is a full-size, body-on-frame SUV that has the most powerful engine to ever appear on a Lincoln. The car was Gear Patrol’s Vehicle of the Year in 2018. We at Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro can perform brake repair, transmission repair, and more on your Lincoln Navigator.
- Lincoln MKT: The Lincoln MKT is a full-size wagon-like crossover that is popular among limousine fleets. It offers a modern and luxurious appeal rarely found in other vehicles. MKT drivers enjoy many features such as heated seats, an 8-inch infotainment system, panoramic sunroof, and safety features such as blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and automated emergency braking.
- Lincoln Aviator: The Aviator is Lincoln’s three-row midsize crossover that is based on the new Ford Explorer. The car comes in six or eight seat configurations and 18 cubic feet of storage. When your Aviator needs oil changes, fluid services and tune-ups or anything else, bring it to our award-winning local technicians at Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro in Birdsboro.
Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro: Your Trusted Shop for Lincoln Repair
When the time comes to bring your Lincoln in for repairs, you can bring your car to Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro in Birdsboro. We perform services in all aspects of all auto repair, including scheduled maintenance, and tune-ups. Since 2007, our manager Matt Siegfried has taken a dignified and sensitive approach to auto repair, treating each and every customer with respect. We are very transparent about the services we think your vehicle needs and will never recommend any service that isn’t absolutely necessary. If you are in the 19508 area or nearby, don’t hesitate to bring your Lincoln to Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro today!
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Locally owned and operated since 2007
- Only OEM and OEM-approved parts/components
- Shuttle on all services, loaner on major service, free towing (limited)
- Comfortable, COVID-safe Waiting Area
- Our diverse team is sure to have an expert in the make and model of your vehicle
To make an appointment with Lee Myles Auto Care & Transmissions Birdsboro in Birdsboro, you can give us a call at 610-404-4227 or do so online.